Chap Stick Covers

For our New Beginning's Program, we thought it would be nice to give all of the girls in our ward 'a little something'.  If that 'something' could be USEFUL and CUTE--all the better!  This is what we came up with:

I know I am not the first {or last} person to put a new cover on a Chapstick container, but they turned out great, the girls loved them, and they were easy.  What could be better?

First, you take the Chapstick out of the package and take off the plastic that says 'Chapstick'.  I also put a letter with a  marker on the bottom to identify the flavor.

Next,  you print off a design.  You can make up your own, or use one of mine.  When you click on the link,  'download' the design into whatever folder you want it saved to on your computer.  Then go into that folder and print at 75% -- then when you get to the print menu, make sure it says "shrink to printable area" not "fit to printable area".   If there are any problems, let me know.

I made 3 different kinds-- a butterfly and flower background, a background with pictures of girls, and a camo background.  I thought the camo background could be used for Young Men as well as Young Women.  I know, there are VERY few {if ANY} YM leaders out there who are going to re-cover a Chapstick -- but I thought if you wanted to give these out at Youth Conference or some other combined activity, these Camo Chapsticks would be great for the guys.  Also, for girls who don't like 'girly' things!
After that, you cut the design out, put clear packing tape over the top--make sure the top and bottom have 1/4 inch or so more than the paper, but the sides are flush with the design.  Wrap it around your Chapstick.  You're done!
Easy.  Fast.  Cheap.  Cute.  Useful.  My kind of craft!


Click here if you would rather buy these than make them.  If you have any questions or problems, just shoot me an e-mail.  Remember . . .
UPDATE!  I have had GREAT response with these chapstick designs & have added a jpeg file of each here:
Hopefully, this helps you have a little more control over size--Thanks for all your comments :)

Comments

MikesDork said…
I found your chapstick covers through a friend on facebook on sugardoodle. I love them and will be making some for Girls Camp. I have a question for you... do you have a similar thing for the Primary theme? I have been looking but can't find one.
Lorene said…
Good Idea . . . Look for a new Chap Stick Cover for the Primary NEXT WEEK!
Bella'capri said…
Hi, thanks for the wonderful idea! I am totally excited to make these for our upcoming new beginnings. one question. where can i find the label that seals the clear package? the one that says "we believe that for attractive lips,speak kind words"? Thank you.
nelsonwhanau said…
Hi, thanks so much for an awesome idea. excited to use it for our upcoming new beginnings. just a question. do you have a file for the label that seals the package? the one that says "we believe for attractive lips, speak kind words?" Thank you!
Lorene said…
I have files for the headers here: http://eysigns.blogspot.com/2011/04/page-toppers-for-we-believe-chap-stick.html
Julieanne said…
I have a really dumb question...what did you use for the clear baggies to put the chapstick in? This is such an awesome idea! We are going to do it for Father's Day. Thank you!
Lorene said…
Julieanne- I use 3x5" bags that are at my candy supply store. They come in several sizes and are quite inexpensive. If you can't find them, let me know & I can get some to you--anyone else out there, too.
Thanks, Lorene
Mrs. Cinnamon said…
Any plans on making new covers for the 2012 Primary theme?
Angela Fielding said…
How do you print these from Adobe Photoshop? I don't have 75% scale down option. Do I just pull them up and print them as is? Thank you for such a wonderful idea! You my dear are talented;-)
Unknown said…
I want to know were is the link to make your own....